If you’ve ever flown American Airlines and been disappointed with your in-flight meal, you’re in luck. Starting in early July, the airline will be revamping their food menus to include a larger variety of options and fresher ingredients.
The decision came after the airline experienced an influx of unhappy fliers who took to social media to share their displeasure; many fliers posted photos of meals that they thought were inadequate or unappetizing. What also influenced the decision was United Airlines changing their own menus in January and taking steps toward refreshing their spread.
On American Airlines new menu, you’ll find snacks and entrees that are inspired by different regions of the world and vary on your class and your destination. Some examples include:
Transcontinental First Class:
- Spicy Crab with Sushi Rice, Avocado, and Wasabi Aioli (appetizer)
- Burrata Cheese with Oregano and Capers (appetizer)
- Edamame Hummus with Toasted Garlic Baguette (appetizer)
- Beef Oscar with Crab, Asparagus, Bearnaise Sauce, and Smashed Potatoes (entree)
- Steamed Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Ginger Cilantro Pesto Rice (entree)
- Lobster Risotto with Shaved Brussel Sprouts, Lemon Oil, and Parmesan Crisp (entree)
- Wagyu Meatloaf with Sriracha Ketchup, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Candied Onions (entree)
- Pan-Roasted Coconut Lime Chicken with Olives and Garlic Mashed Potatoes (entree)
- Turmeric Paneer with Red Tikka Curry, Jeera Rice, and Roasted Two-Color Cauliflower (entree)
Domestic First Class:
- Beef Filet with Lobster Macaroni and Cheese (entree)
- Shrimp and Grits (entree)
- Asian Slaw Salad with Teriyaki Chicken (entree)
- Lasagna (entree)
- Lentil Chili with Polenta Cakes (entree)
For dessert, American is offering a Salted Chocolate Caramel Sundae. If you’d like to see pictures of the food and hear what traveler Andy Luten had to say about it, visit his blog.