As you travel more and more, you learn travel hacks that can make your trip a lot easier. Here are some favorites from our Newark Airport parking members:
1. Use your shoes to give yourself more space when you pack your suitcase; you can easily stuff socks, underwear, and toiletries into them to save yourself room.
2. If you’re low on travel funds, sort through your belongings and sell anything you don’t really need on Ebay or Craigslist.
3. To get the lowest flight prices, open up a private browsing window; many airlines will raise the prices of their flights because they can track your computer’s cookies and know you’ve been to the site before.
4. If you’re in a hurry or you don’t have an iron, you can use a flat iron to smooth out the wrinkles in your shirt or pants.
5. Instead of buying new travel-sized products, simply refill the ones you already have.
6. Keep your clothes smelling fresh by putting a couple dryer sheets in your suitcase.
7. If you don’t want to sit near a baby on a plane, choose a seat that’s far away from the partitions. The partitions are the only places a parent can safely secure a baby carrier.
8. Bring an empty water bottle to the airport so that you can go through security with it. Then, refill it at a water fountain for your flight.
9. When traveling internationally, call your credit/debit card company and let them know where you’re headed. This way, they won’t think your card was stolen and put a hold on it.
10. When you pack your suitcase, roll your clothes instead of fold them. You’ll not only save room, but your clothes will be less wrinkled when you unpack them.
11. Sometimes, two one-way plane tickets (often on different airlines) are cheaper than one round-trip ticket, so do your research before you buy.
12. If you’re checking a bag and bringing a carry-on, pack an extra outfit in your carry-on just in case your checked luggage gets lost.
13. Save space (and weight) in your suitcase by wearing your bulkiest items and heaviest shoes on your flight.
14. If you don’t have time to let your curling iron or flat iron cool down, slip it in a glove potholder so you can pack it in your suitcase without worry.
15. When searching for a flight, try to find one on a Boeing 767. These planes have fewer middle seats than any other plane.
16. If you forgot the wall plug for your phone charger, check the back of your hotel’s television. You’ll likely find a USB outlet you can plug it into.
17. Heading on a road trip? Buy a shower caddy from the dollar store and use it to make eating in the car a lot easier.
18. Scan a copy of your passport, ID, and travel itinerary, then email them to yourself so you’ll always have a digital copy to reference.
19. If your flight gets canceled or delayed and you think you may miss your connecting flight, stand in line at the airline customer service counter while you call them on the phone. This way, you’ll be helped quickly one way or another.
20. Check the comments on a review site or social media site to find out the wifi password for a business.
Bonus: Skip the stress and expense of parking at Newark Airport and make a reservation with us instead!